Thursday 16 September 2021

Review- The Secret of Stolen Idols

 I will be honest. I was waiting to read this book since it was announced. The theme, the cover, and the initial reviews were compelling enough for me to give it a read. And I really wanted to know what author Vivek Rajiv Chaturvedi has written. I finally got a chance to give it a read and needless to say, it doesn’t disappoint.


First I would like to applaud Vivek and the team of The Book Bakers for a magnificent cover. The cover is compelling and gives a hint of the mystery that is in the novel.



The book is written in a very stylish narrative. Every scene is built with some flavor and characters fit very well into the chapters. The book is centered around Goa and it’s history, it’s colors, it’s culture is displayed in full vibrancy. Goa is almost a character in the book.

The book moves with a good pace, and each chapter is laced with a shroud of mystery which builds further as the story moves ahead. The entire story and the elements of surprise and mystery are built very well and integrated masterfully together.


I didn’t find any major problem with the book. Just a few minor ones. One is when characters are being introduced, Rajiv takes a well crafted scene to introduce them. However, these scenes add a lot to his credential but do little to the story or the character himself. 


All in all this is a must read if you are interested in reading books of thriller genre. I like books which have something new to offer and the story as well as the narration style both are very creative. 



All in all I would go with 5/5 stars for the book


Book is available on Amazon


https://www.amazon.in/SECRET-STOLEN-IDOLS-VIVEK-CHATURVEDI/dp/8195037259

No comments:

Post a Comment